PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Groupwise/Novell problems ..

Zack Barresse
09-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Hello,

I've been working with an Excel Add-in (for those of you who remember it) to work in conjunction with MS Outlook. I got this to work just fine. It has been distributed to several other entities, one of which uses Groupwise/Novell software. There are problems with using the add-in as a result.

I know nothing (or less) about these programs. I would like to get this debugged. Can Excel interface with these? As it stands, the current code (calling an Outlook Appointment - default form) doesn't work, and apparently it takes the GW calendar and shoves it into Outlook's calendar. They don't like that.

Do I need to tell them it's tough luck? Or is there a workaround for this? Thanks!

XL-Dennis
09-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Zack,

Since GroupWise is a total different software then Outlook I can't see any possibilty to solve it with an add-in that is targeting Outlook.

Offer them to create a solution specific to GroupWise and that user.

In general GroupWise reminds be about Lotus Notes and they are both non-easy softwares to work with MS Excel.

A sidenote: How can a singel co-worker use a total different software?

Let me know if I can help You any further :)

Dennis

Zack Barresse
09-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi Dennis! :)

The person using this add-in is not a co-worker of mine, but rather works for a similar entity in an adjoining county (about an hour's drive). Their (public) entity uses GroupWise.

I spoke with him on the phone recently, and his contacts are now back in GW (apparently it had moved them all to outlook - and I have no idea how). It seems he has it straightened out now though. I am not familiar enough with GW to really know what happened, as I don't use it. So it seems this problem has found a circumvent. Thank you Dennis for your help. :yes