PDA

View Full Version : Populate Fields with a User Form

rioch
11-01-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd like to populate some custom fields in a word document with information the user enters in a User Form. It sounds like it should be straight forward but I cannot find a way to insert the text entered in the form into pre-placed fields in the document. Can anyone help?

lucas
11-01-2006, 11:08 AM
I can help you if your going to use bookmarks for the insertion point. I have an example that Gerry(I think...might have been Malcolm) contributed a while back that works nicely. If your going to use formfields then ....

fumei
11-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Yes, you need to givel us better information.

"pre-placed fields" does not mean much.

A formfield?
A bookmark?
An ActiveX textbox?

What are these?

rioch
11-02-2006, 05:07 AM
"pre-placed field" means some placeholder in the document where text entered into a userform will appear. I don't mind how it's implemented. I guess it's kind of like a mail merge field, however as far as i can tell you cannot fill in mail merge fields (variables) using forms.

lucas
11-02-2006, 09:45 AM
This example uses textboxes on the userform and bookmarks on the page....see attached example as mentioned in post#3. Post back if you have questions.

rioch
11-03-2006, 02:29 AM
That document completes the form exactly how I want, however because I'm using it in a mailmerge fashion, I want 3 copies of the same document, with the same address on each page but with a different name. Obviously I can have name1, name2 and name3, but there will only be one address field. I tried adding the bookmark in twice, but it removed the first occurrence (you can only insert a bookmark once)

fumei
11-03-2006, 10:10 AM
You can only insert a bookmark with the same name once. You can use any number of REF fields to refer back to a single bookmark.

Norie
11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Why not use a template?

fumei
11-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Why not indeed.