PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Numlock - Stay on

Desert Piranha
11-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Hi all,

Windows XP Pro when it is rebooted, or started, the Numlock starts in the off position. Is there a way, Registery or other, that will make the numlock stay on all the time?
Thx

mvidas
11-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Hi Dave,

There is a setting for that. If I remember right it is probably in your bios (press f5 or f12 or del or whatever when your pc starts), but there is a program called "Tweak UI" that can also control it. I don't have it here at work so I can't say exactly where the setting is, but take a look at that program (free), gives you access to many unseen windows options.

Matt

EDIT: Tweak UI doesn't have a setting to turn on numlock all the time, just at windows start. You could always write something to check numlock at given intervals and turn it on, if you wanted to do it via code

EDIT 2:
Via the registry:
hkey_users\.default\control panel\keyboard
change initialkeyboardindicators to 2, next time you restart numlock will be turned on by default

Desert Piranha
11-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi Dave,

There is a setting for that. If I remember right it is probably in your bios (press f5 or f12 or del or whatever when your pc starts), but there is a program called "Tweak UI" that can also control it. I don't have it here at work so I can't say exactly where the setting is, but take a look at that program (free), gives you access to many unseen windows options.

Matt

EDIT: Tweak UI doesn't have a setting to turn on numlock all the time, just at windows start. You could always write something to check numlock at given intervals and turn it on, if you wanted to do it via code

EDIT 2:
Via the registry:
hkey_users\.default\control panel\keyboard
change initialkeyboardindicators to 2, next time you restart numlock will be turned on by defaultHi Matt,

Thanks for your input. It wasn't in my bios which (was F10).

The Tweak UI sulution would work ,and i will look into that program, as there are probably other things in it that would be benifical.

However the Registery Tweak worked great!

Thanks again