PDA

View Full Version : Trouble pasting as HTML across servers

tactps
11-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I have an issue relating to copy and paste. I copy a report onto the clipboard in HTML.

I have Excel open - our system is designed so that the load is shared - in other words there is no guarantee that Excel is running on the same server as the HTML report I have.

When it is on the same server, it pastes in properly (split over columns and rows), however when it is on a different server, it pastes it all as text into cell A1.

Any ideas how I can have it paste as HTML every time?

Norie
11-22-2006, 09:17 PM
I have an issue too.:)

Why have you cross posted this?

tactps
11-22-2006, 09:19 PM
I put it in Mr Excel - then thought better as it seems a little technical for that forum and more appropriate in this one.

Norie
11-22-2006, 09:30 PM
So why not follow the generally followed etiquette that exists on most boards?

That is at least provide a link to the post on the other forum(s).

Another thing, what makes you think this is an Excel problem in the first place?

I mean, you even mention that when you have the problem Excel might not even be running (on the same server).

tactps
11-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Apologies - did not know that etiquette.

It is an issue with my paste in Excel, hence the post re Excel. As you say, it may not be an Excel problem, but as the paste is done through Excel, it seemed an appropriate forum for it.

Do you have a solution (or suggestion as to a more appropriate place to post it)?