PDA

View Full Version : DataGrid & MSFlexGrid Controls

maryam
11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
What is the differance between these two controls? How can I input data into the cells of these controls. I put the MSFlexGrid COntrol on my form but when I click on run, I cannot input anything into its cell!

mdmackillop
11-29-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi Maryam,
I moved your question to the Excel forum
Regards
MD

maryam
11-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Hi. Isnt it related to VBA in Excel?
what is smart indent? where is it? My problem is small and basically I want to know how to input a number into the cells of these controls. In VBA part when I click on run and the DataGrid or MSFlexGrid control comes I cannot input anything into the cell!

mdmackillop
11-29-2006, 04:43 AM
Hi Maryam
Your post was in the wrong forum, so I moved it here.
Smart Indent does all the indenting when you write VBA code, similar to the code you see posted here.
I've never used these controls, so can't advise at the moment. How are you wanting to use them? To what data do they relate? Have you a spreadsheet you can post explaining your intentions?
Regards
MD

stanl
11-29-2006, 07:29 AM
Hi Maryam
I've never used these controls, so can't advise at the moment. How are you wanting to use them?MD

It does beg the question, why would you want to insert a grid into Excel, which in itself is essentially a grid?:dunno Stan

Erdin? E. Ka
11-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Hi maryam,:hi:

I attached a file which is includes a MsFlexGrid control.
First click toCommandButton1 on the Sheet1 for open UserForm1.
Then,you can input some datas from a sheet to this control by click to CommandButton1 of UserForm1.

Hope it helps.:whistle:

By the way i don't have some example about DataGrid, but i know that control. I am going to share with you if i can complete some example.

Note:
You need to MSFLXGRD.OCX ActiveX file to use this control.

Erdin? E. Ka
11-29-2006, 08:32 AM
I tried to attach the control file but it was invalid process.

If you don't have i can send your e-mail.

Erdin? E. Ka
11-29-2006, 08:47 AM
I want to add some important information about MsFlexGrid & DataGrid:

In fact, i think Excel is created because users need to some objects like a DataGrig or MsFlexGrid. Usually these controls using where Ms Excel is not exist. For example in a UserForm. But in fact you should use a Spreadsheet Control instead of a MsFlexGrid or a DataGrid.

However, although as a detail, i must tell you this important knowledge; a MsFlexGrid or a DataGrid objects never keeps data. The maximum lifetime of these controls untill a UserForm is closing. These controls are only for veiwing the data.

Consequently, i think there is no some extra advantage to input data to these controls.

Best regards.:hi: