PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Please Help!! I Need to print a group in a label

hatched850
12-04-2006, 01:10 PM
: pray2:
I have a coalition that may have one all the way up to 10 districts under it. I need to print labels that have the coalition name and then list the districts under it all on one label. ie,

Coalition of Access Programers
Hatched850
OBP
Ken Puls
Tweedle Dee
Tweedle Dum

I hope I made this clear enough for you guys. : pray2:

mdmackillop
12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
For Word 2003

Select your text
Tools/Letters and Mailings/Envelopes and Labels/Labels
Options - to select a suitable label
Full Page of same label

mdmackillop
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Ooops! Just saw this is an Access question.

OBP
12-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Are the Districts in different Records?
If so the best way to do this is to create a Label Printing table to hold a text field to which you add the Districts that are required for printing, you then just have on field to print.

hatched850
12-05-2006, 06:31 AM
I am using the district coalition table. there are several of the same coalition with different districts. As always you guys are the greatest. I really appreciate all of your help.

Debbie :bow:

OBP
12-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Debbie, I have looked at your database and the District Coalition table, so do you want to group the various districts for a coalition, or each coalition?

hatched850
12-05-2006, 07:39 AM
I want to group in the label all of the districts for a coalition. ie
Early Learning Coalition of the Big Bend
Leon
Wakulla
Jefferson
ect.

I can get it to do it in a report but not the labels.

OBP
12-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Hatched, I haven't forgotten you, I have tried every way of configuring the report that I can think of to get the output that you want, including setting up columns.
I have also looked at creating the "labels" in a table using queries, it works up to a point but the Coalition and Districts come out on one line, not below each other, a query doesn't seem to be able to include a "line feed" or carriage return.
So it looks as if I will have to build the Label table using Visual Basic, I know that works because I have done so recently.

OBP
12-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Hatched, I have found one simple way to do this, if you create a Coalition Main Form with the Districts as a Sub Form and then save the mainform as a Report it allows you to configure the report with columns.
Have a look at this and see if it does what you want, you can play around with the report fromat to make it look better.

hatched850
12-05-2006, 02:43 PM
OPB you are the best. I think this will work great. Thank you so much for taking the time to help. You are appreciated!!! :bow: