PDA

View Full Version : OXO' Game in VBA, against CPU

error#9
12-05-2006, 09:09 AM
:hi: HI ALL :hi:

new to this forum, with an serious problem.

As fun as it sounds, i'm in a probation period at a new job as a Office Automation Developer....Great! Thats the easy part!

The hard part is i've been asked to produce a Naughts & Crosses game in excel.... Ok i thought.........next catch, it needs to be against the computer, not 2 player (which seemed easy to start with).

How is it possible to do this?
Is it really possible to get VB to learn different moves based on a 9 block grid, and give it the desire(or algarithims) to win?

final catch, I HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE WHERE TO START.

Give me a task for a MultiDimesional Array and i storm through it......BUT THIS!!!!!!!!!:(

Please help

Error#9

Bartek
12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi,

The hard part is i've been asked to produce a Naughts & Crosses game in excel.... Ok i thought.........next catch, it needs to be against the computer, not 2 player (which seemed easy to start with).

How is it possible to do this?
Thera are many Tic Tac Toe games in Excel, you may find some in my Excel Games Library (http://www.dzikosoft.com/gmexcel/library2.html#libcat5)

Noughts And Crosses by Ole P. Erlandsen is Player vs Computer and has unprotected code, so you should find everything what you need.

austenr
12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Maybe contact the guy that taught the computer to think on the movie "War Games" :devil2:

HollyM
10-15-2021, 11:14 AM
Sorry for bumping old thread, i need help with my excel game, i dont know why is not working formula, can some one help me?

Paul_Hossler
10-15-2021, 11:27 AM
It's much better to start your own thread, maybe referencing an old one

But it's MUCH better to provide information with your question

"I need help" and and "I don't know" and 'working formula" don't give us much to go on

Attach a workbook with your data and macro and etc. to make it easier for people to offer suggestions