PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Problem with Formulas

rrtts
12-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know how to fix this...I've tried searching but the nature of the problem is hard to search on without getting tons of erroneous returns. Seems like it should be something easy to figure out, and it probably is...but me being the noob I am, I can't get it.

When I enter a formula in a cell...it runs once and leaves the results in the cell but the formula goes away.

I know this isn't normal because I have other worksheets that do this...but for some reason, this one worksheet is doing it.

For example, if I type =NOW() in a cell...it posts the correct date/time...and that becomes the value of the cell...formula is gone. If I type =A1...it posts the value of cell A1...but formula is gone.

What I'm expecting (like in all my other worksheets) is the formula to display the result but remain in the cell...that way everytime you open the worksheet it computes the formula.

Hope this make sense...please help. Going crazy.

CBrine
12-08-2006, 11:37 AM
rrtts,
This sounds like the result of an office prank, more then a real problem? Did you create the sheet, or recieve it from someone? What is your macro security set to? If it's low, set it to medium and reopen the sheet. Are you prompted to enable the macros? If so, someone has most likely added some startup code to the workbook.

1. Press F11 to see the vbe.
2. Double click on each of the sheets with the project explorer and see if any code appears.
3. If it does, then post the code here and we can explain what it's doing. Perhaps it is supposed to be doing something.

HTH
Cal

rrtts
12-08-2006, 11:50 AM
@CBrine - you are a lifesaver...

I went into the VBE and looked at the code for each worksheet...I do have some code for each sheet that forces Uppercase and apparently when I cut and pasted into from sheet to sheet...the one I was having problems with I missed a whole line of code...

Not sure how it caused the error that I was having...but hey...problem solved.

Thanks so much. You made my day.