PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Linking columns in different tabs of the same file

tialongz
12-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am using MS Excel 2003.

I have 2 tabs, sheet1 and sheet2. Sheet1 is my presentation worksheet (formatted) while sheet2 has my raw data. I have to update a column on sheet1 and the updates have to show up on sheet2 automatically. The raw data is used to generate or populate an access report.

There are blanks or spaces in the column I am trying to update or populate, I am not sure if this information is helpful or not.

I have like 500,000 records or rows, and there are blanks or spaces in betweem. I need to implement a function or expression that applies to the entire column.

Anyone know how or what expression or function I could use or implement so that whatever data is entered in a column on sheet1 will show up on the same column on sheet2 respectively? The rows are the same and I could make the columns match also.

Thanks in advance.

austenr
12-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Welcome to VBAX! I guess my first question is how you got 500,000 rows on a sheet? That is supported in Excel 2007 but not your version.

tialongz
12-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Welcome to VBAX! I guess my first question is how you got 500,000 rows on a sheet? That is supported in Excel 2007 but not your version.

Thanks, that was an exaggeration and I am also working closely with access, got mixed up.

And I think I solved this problem as of now.

thanks.

austenr
12-15-2006, 08:20 AM
ok. if your problem is indeed solved, then kindly mark the thread solved using the thread tool at the top of your first post.