PDA

View Full Version : Report help

julesjelev
12-19-2006, 06:13 PM
I was wondering if I can have a picture added to my report

The actual report (table) should be to one side of the picture (right or left).

The picture will be an AutoCad drawing, so I also wonder what would be the best way to store the path to it, and then visualize it in the report.:banghead:

JimmyTheHand
12-20-2006, 12:16 AM
To question #1, I would answer a cautious "yes". I would try using a subreport. I've never used such a thing but a quick test indicated that this way is promising. Create the actual report (table), but design it slim enough so that there is room for the image. This will be the inner (sub-) report. Then create an outer report, insert the picture, insert the subreport (--> there's a subform/subreport button on the toolbar).

Something like this.

HTH

Jimmy

Tommy
12-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Hi julesjelev, :hi:

Welcome to VBAX :)

You cannot display an Acad drawing with out some type of drawing viewer.

You could save the drawing as a .bmp .wmf .sld among others and possibly display/inbed that on a report.

If everyone has Acad installed on their pc, you could possibly use the dwgthumbnail.ocx in some way, but that as with all things depends on the version. :rotlaugh:

So far as storing the path it depends on the network OS. "\\domain\sharename (file://\\domain\sharename)", "\\servername\volumename:directory\subdirectory (file://\\servername\volumename:directory\subdirectory)"
is what I would use, this way the users may have a "different" setup will still get the file.

OBP
12-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Adding a picture to a report is very simple indeed assuming that you want the picture associated with a single record from your table.
You just add "Image" to the Report using the Toolbox.
Ideally a field in the table should hold the "path" to the Original.
But as Tommy say's it need to be a bitmap or jpeg file.

GaryB
12-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Actually insert picture will support a variety of formats including tif files. In design mode go to insert picture and when that comes up it will show you a variety of usable files. you can browse to the folder where you have the picture stored and it will link it to your report.

Gary