PDA

View Full Version : List of last date sold and price

Djblois
12-20-2006, 10:56 AM
I have a difficult one, if it is possible. I just created a spreadsheet of sales. Now, I want to creat a list off of that spreadsheet with the Products and only the last day purchased and the price on that day? Is this possible besides manual? I am able to get the last day purchased in a pivot table but it gives me all the prices. How do I specify only the prices on that last day? In a pivot table or not. I don't mind which way I do it.

Zack Barresse
12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi djblois,

We need a more detailed answer/description of your data and its structure. Can you explain in detail your data structure? If you would like to upload a sample, please ensure it contains your actual data, then an example of what you want your data to look like.

Bob Phillips
12-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Here's a shot

Djblois
12-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Here is a prototype of what I want it to look like. The Detail tab is the main list and last Date sold would be after the macro ran. Only one day per customer per item. The last date they purchased that item and the last price they paid.

Djblois
12-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Firefyter that looks like it will work. However, can you explain it to me so I can use it in a macro?

Bob Phillips
12-21-2006, 08:53 AM
I think that you mean me, and why would you want to use VBA, the worksheet functions deliver.

Djblois
12-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Sorry XLD I do mean you. I am creating a program for reporting for my company and I want the VBA to enter those formulas for the layman. So you just click a button and voila. Can you just explain to me how they work and I will create a macro to enter those formulas.

Zack Barresse
12-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Can you explain the entire scope of this project? How will your users be using it? What will be their interaction level? Where will the get the data from? A VBA solution may indeed be better suited here, but probably not in the way you imagine it.

Bob Phillips
12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Sorry XLD I do mean you. I am creating a program for reporting for my company and I want the VBA to enter those formulas for the layman. So you just click a button and voila. Can you just explain to me how they work and I will create a macro to enter those formulas.
This is a pre-set block-array formula, so you would set it up as large and as defined as needed, and it would just reflect the data, whatever data. It does not lend itslef to being created by VBA.

Djblois
12-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Our accounting software has an export to excel option. But once it gets in excel it looks like crap and you can't work with the information. However, I created a add-on that will clean up the date and then gives the user multiple ways to view the data (basically it creates pivottables in less then a minute, all formated). Now, I am creating a Last purchase report that will have a few fields:
1)Salesman
2)Customer
3)Product
4)Item#
5)Date of last purchase
6)Price of last purchase
7)Price Change from previous purchase

and all the info would be imported from the sheet I have called detail. However the Detail tab is always going to be different.

Thank you,
Daniel