PDA

View Full Version : stretch to a4

peterwmartin
01-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Hi all ,
I want to print 3 or 4 A4 size pages. I have set page breaks and it prints .However looks too small. If I increase the size it doesn't print on 1 sheet wide any more. I have added rows and columns etc to try and stretch to page breaks. Is it possible to set a page break(force it to be a full A4). Does anyone please know away around this.

austenr
01-04-2007, 07:15 AM
What is A4?

Bob Phillips
01-04-2007, 07:24 AM
What is A4?
Yanks!

We know you only know about Letter, but in the rest of the world (yes it does exist in more places than Canada and Mexico), we use a a number of styles of paper.

The A series has an aspect ratio of 1:root(2) , rounded to the nearest mm. A0 is defined as having an area of 1 m squared (everything is metric), which comes out as 841x1189mm. Successive paper sizes in the series A1, A2, A3, etc., are defined by halving the preceding paper size parallel to its shorter side, so A1 becomes 594x841, and so on. A4 is 210x297 mm, and is the most frequently used size.

Bob Phillips
01-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Peter,

What exactly do you want to do? If you increase the size, it will still be split automatically at the correct point, so what are you trying to do instead?

peterwmartin
01-04-2007, 08:20 AM
thank you for your replies. I have pasted a four page word document as text into excel. There are tables and text which I still need to edit. It pastes over but I still have alot of formating to do. I have set page breaks where the end of page was in word and have printed it.It came out too small so I set it to be 1 page wide by 4 long still toosmall. I them added rows to make it stretch to the right length but still prints small.

peterwmartin
01-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I have added this code sorry I can't post the document it is a work document. I need to work this out but I also need to keep my job.
Private Sub JustDoIt()
Dim fd As FileDialog
Dim myPath As String

Dim xlApp As Object
Dim xlBook As Object
Dim xlSheet As Object
'in the background, create an instance of XL
Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add
Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets(1)

Selection.WholeStory

Selection.Copy
xlSheet.Range("a1").Select

xlSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Text", Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:= _
False

xlSheet.Paste
With xlSheet
.Columns.AutoFit
.Rows.AutoFit
End With