PDA

View Full Version : lucas

lucas
01-04-2007, 09:07 PM
My name is Steve and I have become a vba addict, mostly because of this forum. I found myself reading every post and learning something every day.

I joined the forum in June of 94 and I'm still not the kind of coder that this board is known for but I am good at breaking things....I just kept hanging around so they now have me approving knowlegebase entries, which means trying to break them to make sure they work correctly.

I feel pretty humble about my credentials after reading Zack and Joseph's intro's. I'm basically an old, retired union pipefitter/welder who got to where it was just too hard to climb and do all the physical jobs that I made my living doing for 35 years so now I detail the structural steel for fabrication and erection on buildings such as Walgreen's, Walmart, restaurants, etc. using AutoCad.

Advantages are that I draw a pension and so I can take jobs at my own pace and turn them down if I want, also I get to work at home and I really like that after so many years on the road. Spent a little time out of country working as a construction coordinator between clients such as refineries and the many construction companies involved in their projects.

I have found the folks who come to this forum regularly to be most generous with their help and knowlege that I have ever encountered. This site is a rare gem on the internet.

XLGibbs
01-12-2007, 06:12 PM
I only know you from your post content and your dedication to keeping the site productive and a good learning experience. Happy to know more about you.

1994? I had no idea this site was around that long.

I will discuss the credential disparity when I formulate my intro later, as I know where you are coming from there!

lucas
01-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Whoops Pete, thanks for proofreading my post....that should be 04.....

credentials.....I just try to kick in if I know a little something about it...if I'm too far off base someone always shows a better way....