PDA

View Full Version : create a save as box in a user form

Djblois
01-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Right now I am using the built in Save-As dialog box to save a file in the add-in that I created. However, Before it opens up, a userform opens up. I would like to combine the two forms. Since multiple people use it, the folder cannot be a fixed location. Is it possible to have a drop down box in a userform where people can navigate to the folder the wish to save it into?

CBrine
01-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Djblois,
Do you have access to VB? If so, you might want to think about creating the folrm using that. You have access to tools that will allow you to integrate a user form and file activities on a single user form.

For VBA you have limited options. I believe you are looking at getting some custom controls, which will need to be registered everywhere you want the addin to exist. Which is a real pain in the a$$. If you want to go this direction, check out the CCRP site. They have some controls that work well with VBA.

http://ccrp.mvps.org/

HTH
Cal

Djblois
01-08-2007, 01:25 PM
No, Unfortunately I don't have access to VB nor do I know any VB at the moment. I am lucky I can use VBA. LOL

Daniel

CBrine
01-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I guess you could build you own stuff in the user form, but it's going to get pretty complicated using the existing vba controls. If you don't have some good experience with VBA, I wouldn't even suggest trying to address it and even using third party controls is not going to be easy.

You best bet is to stick with what you have that works, even if it's a little cumbersome for the user.

HTH
Cal

Djblois
01-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Thank you CBrine