PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Find and Replace with subscript

Zack Barresse
01-09-2007, 11:47 AM
This may not be a VBA question, but I am trying to replace the "2" in "O2" with a subscript 2, as in Oxygen. Is there any way to do this, rather than find all the instances individually (along with CO2) and manually achieve this? These are medical documents, so as you can imagine there will be A LOT of these references. I thought it would be an easy find/replace, but I can't seem to get it right. Any help is appreciated. :)

TonyJollans
01-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi Zack,

Formatting options in Find and Replace are for all the text or none of it. The way round it is create O2 the way you want it with the subscript and copy it to the clipboard (and then delete it from the document if need be). Then you can replace O2 with ^c - the contents of the clipboard.

Zack Barresse
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Hmm, interesting Tony, thanks for that! I've learned that Find/Replace is my friend. It has become invaluable on this specific endeavor. I'd like to learn exactly all of the carat characters and their meanings. I'll keep Googling it and see what I can turn up. Thanks bunches Tony! :yes

lucas
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Have a look at Edit/Replace/More/Special for a list of the special characters.

Zack Barresse
01-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks Steve! :yes

lucas
01-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Glad to help Zack......so much info we gather here and it has a way of falling between the cracks with time.