PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Print every other page

mtl
01-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone. I have a need to be able to print odd pages only and even pages only, any suggestions? I dont do this full time just when a need for something arises, I hunt and peck through the help file and kb to learn what I need. My basic need here is to be able to print a report two sided on a single sided printer. Also the back side of each page must be formatted differently than the front.

Thanks for your input.

Mike

GaryB
01-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi Mike,

If you are looking for a non code solution you might try printing your report as a pdf and then in acrobat the print window gives you the option of printing even and odd, or even only and odd only pages. Just a thought for a quick solution. You need to have the full version of Acrobat to do this.

Gary

mtl
01-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Nope, I am definitely looking for a code solution! I need to do this entirely through access. But thanks, anyway. I have no problems using vba. However, because it is not the main focus of what I do I dont have the time to become fully proficient at it. I do have a basic understanding and actually use quite a bit of code in the few dbs that i do create (me and macros dont click), its just the more complicated issues that I need outside help on.

thanks again and keep the ideas coming!!!

Carl A
01-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Might try this. This is for a Access 2000 Database. There is also a link to download the RptSample Database.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;209508&Product=acc (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;209508&Product=acc#)

mtl
01-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Good eye Carl, I found that one too, early in my searches for an answer, however the printing of a blank sheet on every other page is a problem for me.

I am starting to look at a few new ideas. Here is one that seems promising but is still giving my limited knowledge a bit of trouble: The report that will print is limited to three records per page via formatting. If I can get the total number of records that will be printed I think I can loop through the page numbers printing the appropriate ones. However, I am having difficulty getting the total number of records. The form that I intend to print from has a subform in continuous forms view, using an SQL statement to query the appropriate records for display. Once the form is loaded the records may be edited and 99% of time some will be deleted and added so the count must be completed at print time.

I know this is not a simple problem and will definitly take a bit a thought and time for a resoloution. So I really do appreciate whatever help I can get from you all.

So many thanks ahead of time.

Mike