PDA

View Full Version : Demoted: it seems

stanl
01-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Since yesterday I was moved from a Tutor to a Regular... Did I do something wrong?:dunno Stan

Ken Puls
01-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Nope. Jake just fixed the ranking engine.

For more info, see the discussion here (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10832).

Jacob Hilderbrand
01-14-2007, 09:38 PM
You were bad so :whip

Just kidding. Like Ken said, I finally got the ranking working properly so there were a few corrections.

We did make a change so if you don't necessarily want to post KB Entries you can also post Articles and that will count towards the second criteria.

As soon as you post 2 KB or Articles or 1 of each you will get the rank bank. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

stanl
01-15-2007, 07:09 AM
You were bad so :whip
Just kidding.

No harm, no Foul. I hadn't even noticed Tutor until someone brought it to my attention. Makes sense not to award on volume (obesity is on the rise; imagine an 'expert' based on whining; or an expert based on help me w/my homework).

It is the occasional person who says Thank You that makes any kind of forum worthwhile [and survive]. Far as I'm concerned, "member' will suffice, [or maybe if an occasional Thank you is noticed by an Admin - "Contributing Member").

I'll probably never make it to the KB category. I did post something about Excel's XML formats and offered a link to a download which suggested the scope of the 'knowledge" - that this cannot be put into a neat little macro or sub kinda defeats the purpose of knowledge in the first place (you know the old "Give a man a fish.. teach a man to fish" adage). Actually kinda waiting for some feedback on how I might construct a code example to solve a particular problem/issue... but none yet.

I did figure out how to both create an SQL Server Express DB and import Access Tables without having Access/Excel installed - just MDAC and Windows scripting (so it could be done via a .wsc as even the DTSWizard was not installed, and besides it needed to be automated and parametized). The 'knowledge' issue had to do with the Ad Hoc Distributed Querioes setting and how to detect/modify it [something I did post in the Integration forum]

All ranting aside, without a doubt all I have read on this board have contributed and or extended my knowledge. Kudos! Stan