PDA

View Full Version : Calendar with comments

Aussiebear
01-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Just recently I was referred to this Calendar with comments through a post by Ken Puls. When I open it up and have a look at the form "DatePick" it is not like other forms that I've seen before, as it has controls overlapping others.

Would someone please take the time to explain the layout for me please?

I had hoped that I might be able to use something like this as a personal Calendar. I just want to pop up the calendar to show me what I should be doing in the upcoming days.

Ted

Aussiebear
01-16-2007, 03:24 AM
Yep I know.... too eager and forgot to attach the file. Maybe its because I'm on the down hill section of my life.

Bob Phillips
01-16-2007, 06:26 AM
You just add the evnts and the comments to the worksheet, so it seems the calendar is just a display. Don't know why you can't add the events to the form directly. Change some of the dates to see it in action

Aussiebear
01-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Yes I've done that Bob. I'm more interested in why when I open the datepick form and view the object in the VBE, it has a form with control objects in a layout which is not like the actual form you see when in Excel. I was wondering if someone can tell me why the form looks like it does.

Ted

mdmackillop
01-17-2007, 06:16 AM
For some reason, maybe just practice, Ken has used code to place and size the controls. Where controls are dynamic in size, then this allows other controls to be placed in relative positions. I've not checked, but you can also ensure that controls are relative to monitor display size.

Ken Puls
01-17-2007, 09:05 AM
For the record, it wasn't Ken who built it. It was BlueCactus. :)

Malcolm is correct. Rather than go to the pain of trying to line everything up, he just repositioned things on the fly by code.

Aussiebear
01-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to infer that you built it Ken, just that my attention was drawn to this set of code by your post.

So I should have no problem adding a button to add new data, by bringing up a new form. Data would be sets of two sporting teams and their game location on a date.

Bob Phillips
01-18-2007, 05:28 AM
You can add a new button, but you will have to play about with its position as you can see in design mode where the existing buttons end up.