PDA

View Full Version : Install word with microsoft works suite 2002

Carole
10-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Hi:
I would like to use some of my microsoft works suite 2002 but not all of it.
First I would like to know if this program has a microsoft shortcut bar like office 97.
Next I would like to install word, works, and picture it. I don't use streets & tips, encarta, or money 2002.
I would like to have this properly setup so thought you might be able to give me some expert advice how to do this. Also would I need updates.

If there is no shortcut bar (like the one in office 97) would I be better off to use my office 97, without word and install the word 2002 alone. If so I would need help to do that. Also how would I install the other programs picture it, and works? I like using the task launcher.

Your help would be appreciated. I apologize if I haven't put this in its respective place when posted.

Carole
10-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi:
I would like to use some of my microsoft works suite 2002 but not all of it.
First I would like to know if this program has a microsoft shortcut bar like office 97.
Next I would like to install word, works, and picture it. I don't use streets & tips, encarta, or money 2002.
I would like to have this properly setup so thought you might be able to give me some expert advice how to do this. Also would I need updates.

If there is no shortcut bar (like the one in office 97) would I be better off to use my office 97, without word and install the word 2002 alone. If so I would need help to do that. Also how would I install the other programs picture it, and works? I like using the task launcher.

Your help would be appreciated. I apologize if I haven't put this in its respective place when posted.

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-10-2004, 03:05 PM
I don't know about Works, but I do know about Office 97. It sucks. Upgrade now and you won't regret it.

lucas
10-10-2004, 07:54 PM
Carol,

you might be better off to do a custom install of works and office. just install the programs you want. Office shortcut bar will allow you to add any program to its shortcut bar. just right click on it(the shortcut bar) and click on customize. click on the buttons tab and then add file... hope this helps

Carole
10-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Hello Lucas:

When you say office shortcut bar are we talking in office 97 or does the works suite have one?
thanks

lucas
10-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Carol,

I was referring to the shortcut bar in Office 97. You can install the parts of office you want(including the shorcut bar) and use it(the office shortcut bar) to open other programs, like the ones you install with Works. I'm not familiar with Works so I don't know if it has its own shortcut bar. Jacob is right about upgrading your Office 97. I think you will find it will do all that works will do and more As I said, I'm not that familiar with Works but have used it a few times and found Office more versatile.... I hope I'm not confusing you. When you install Office, just do a custom install and look at your options...

hope this helps. if not, post back here and you will get more help.

newk
12-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Ahhh it breaks my heart. I bet Carole was struggling from 2am 'til 11pm desperately trying to get her pc running efficiently. I've been there so many times!