PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Some Answers I have gotten Here

Kicker
10-10-2004, 05:56 PM
I have gotten a lot of snippets on this board and others and thought I would post a sample of what I have done with them.

It is a calendar program for 2005 to be used for Work. The normal calendar wouldn't work and I was limited with my choice of programs to use. The "OLD" Calendar Creater program gave me the idea of a list spread out among the various dates. Change the list and the calendar dates change.

I think it is pretty cool and is going to work very well for it's intended purpose.

use CTRL-M to bring up a hidden menu (user form) to accomplish a lot of the automatic features.

Most of the worksheets have notes on them and are self-explanatory.

let me know your thoughts
ttfn
Kicker

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi

It looks good. Use should add this line of code to the start of each macro:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
It will stop the screen from flashing and changing while the macro runs. The macro will also run faster.

Kicker
10-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

I like that and will use it. Do you have to set it to True at the end of the macro?

ttfn
Kicker

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-10-2004, 08:15 PM
You should set it back to TRUE as a general practice. But it will default back to normal once ALL macros have finished running and Excel returns to an idle state.

Kicker
10-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Thank you.

By the way...Just to set the record straight, I created this type of Calendar Picker because my company doesn't have (won't have) the MSCAL.ocx addin. Yeah, we don't want to go there, but there is always a work around....

ttfn
Kicker

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Well my company finally had to "upgrade" to 64 MB RAM when we started using Outlook a couple years ago. Before that we had only 32.

And we finally just got new PCs that are actually pretty good, but that was only because they wanted to get rid of the NT PCs because of all the vulnerabilities.

Kicker
10-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Pretty bad when you have to "develope" tools at home to help you at work because your personal computer is better than your office computer.

Go figure

ttfn
Kicker