PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Combo Box Help

excelliot
01-19-2007, 04:14 AM
Hi i dont know why but i am not getting control tab when i am right clicking to combo box(I have attached screen shot of the same), is there way to get it the same or is there other way to add data to control box. I am trying following tip.

http://www.exceltip.com/exceltips.php?view=print_page&ID=300

JimmyTheHand
01-19-2007, 04:40 AM
The controls are in design mode. Click on the button that is marked orange in the picture above (left top button in ActveX controls toolbar). That toggles active and design mode.

Simon Lloyd
01-19-2007, 04:45 AM
Elliot, the problem is usually caused by Design Mode being deselected, you need to choose from the Menu Bar: View | Toolbars | Contol Toolbox and then click the design mode icon which is located to the top left of the controls toolbar.

Regards,
Simon

excelliot
01-21-2007, 08:47 PM
The controls are in design mode. Click on the button that is marked orange in the picture above (left top button in ActveX controls toolbar). That toggles active and design mode.

Dear Design mode is active thats why it is highlighted in orange!!:think: There are generally five tabs, Size, protection, properties, control & web. But as shown in picture my combo box doesnt have control tab. So can any body tell me where is problem.:dunno

lucas
01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi Excelliot,
In the excel Tip link you posted in the first post in this thread reread step 2....it specifies to add the combobox from the forms toolbar. you have created your combobox from the vb control toolbox toolbar. Right click on any toolbar and make sure forms has a check next to it....select your combobox from that toolbar.....

Step 2: Add a Combo Box to a worksheet
1. Select one of the toolbars, right-click, and select the Forms toolbar.
2. Copy the Combo Box by clicking the Combo Box icon, and then release the mouse. Create a rectangle with the mouse in the worksheet, and then release the mouse.

excelliot
01-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Bulls Eye Lucas, U hit the target. Thats y u r VBAX Master. This was really annoying me from long time. Thanks once again.:beerchug: