PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: FlexGrid Control, list box

sskappel
10-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Anyone who knows how to add a FlexGrid Control to a normal excel spreadsheet?

When I try to add it (through Excel - Visual Basic Control Toolbox - More Controls), I get this message: "Cannot insert object"

I think I need the FlexGrid. Otherwise, with list box, do I have any options for costumizing the list box, like settings different values for cell width of individual columns, or is it only the properties I find in the properties box?

ss :rolleyes:

Kieran
10-11-2004, 07:06 PM
The cell width can be set for a list box in the columns widts property

Separate the columns with ; as in 29.1 pt;105 pt;96.7 pt for a 3 column list box.

What were your other properties you wanted to adjust?

sskappel
10-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Kieran,

Thanks alot! :yes

FlexGrid Control:
In more research for the use of "FlexGrid Control", I have the impression that it's not possible to use it with excel. Anyone to prove this wrong will be admired forever. :)

list box:
In general I'm interested of doing all property settings within the visual basic code, and with variable references rather than hard numbers. And I would like as much control over single cells as possible.

How will the syntax be to change this in the vb-code? something like this?:

listbox1.ColumnWidths = 30; 40; 35;

If I want to use variables here, like

listbox1.ColumnWidths = var1; var2; var3;

What type would their type be (Long, double,.... )?

Other properties:
Change background color individually (for a single row, a column or even for just one cell)?
Change font settings individually?
Change other type of settings individually?

Will I get more or less costumizability by choosing a form list box, than an AxtiveX list box?

ss :rolleyes: