PDA

View Full Version : SS not accepting dates past 1/20/06

rcbricker
01-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Hi all,

Gee it is me again. I came in this fine Monday morning to a new problem. The attached SS has a date field in the 4th row starting in the P column. It accepts dates throughout 2005 and up to 1/20/06. After that I get an error "The date you entered does not appear correct". This is weird cause I cannot change the format, I cannot find any data that locks in what dates it will take and no VBA that defines the cell.

The guy who built this is gone and as such he is not here to update it. We also need to take out the Red lettered company name (old company name) so that I can replace it with the new company name.

ANy ideas? I am stumped.:help

Bob Phillips
01-29-2007, 07:07 AM
The sheet is protected, so it is hard to be sure but it looks like you have Data Validation that is restricting the dates to before 21st Jan 2006.

rcbricker
01-29-2007, 07:10 AM
That is what I thought, but i can not find a way around the validation nor can I find where the data is that it is checking the dates against.

Bob Phillips
01-29-2007, 07:50 AM
:shhh:

rcbricker
01-29-2007, 07:57 AM
XLD you are awesome!!!!!

But how did you fix it? I have a feeling with the mass amount of people that were offered (and accepted) early retirement during the buyout that this problem may creep up again.

:cloud9: