PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Calendar control

SUJU
10-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi
I want to install a calendar control on my toolbox. However, "additional Controls" does not have it. How can i install Calendar Control 10.0 or 8.0.

Thanx

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-13-2004, 07:18 PM
The Calendar Control is an ActiveX control (actually a file called mscal.ocx) supplied with Microsoft Office. It is normally installed with a standard installation of Microsoft Office Professional or Microsoft Access, but if you can't find it on the list you will need to get hold of a copy.

You will find it on the CD that your copy of Microsoft Office Professional came on. The files are attached.

CBrine
10-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Another option would be using a custom calendar control. The CCRP Web Site has a great freeware datetime picker. The only problem, is that you will need to install and register it on each PC that the worksheet will be used on.

http://ccrp.mvps.org/

I've used it for about 4 or 5 of my projects, and it seems to work well. Looks great.

HTH
Cal

SUJU
10-13-2004, 08:09 PM
The Calendar Control is an ActiveX control (actually a file called mscal.ocx) supplied with Microsoft Office. It is normally installed with a standard installation of Microsoft Office Professional or Microsoft Access, but if you can't find it on the list you will need to get hold of a copy.

You will find it on the CD that your copy of Microsoft Office Professional came on. The files are attached.Hi Jacob
Thanx again.
I've run a search on my machine and located the file you mentioned. I used it in the past on a previous project, but for some reason its no longer in my "Additional Controls" box....nor is it listed there. Yet I have located the file in MSOffice.
How do I resolve this?
Thanx

Jacob Hilderbrand
10-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Go to Tools | References in the VBE and select ActiveX Controls from the Files of Type drop down. Then browse for the file.