PDA

View Full Version : Import data

Tenspeed39355
02-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi guys. I use E-Trade as a broker. They are changing software. In the new software they are not putting in the historical dividends. I need that data so I can see if the dividend has decreased or increased. I do have a ss showing the historical dividends for several months. That data is updated each week from a web site. With that said beside using VLOOKUP
to bring over the historical dividends is there some other way to bring over the data. EXAMPLE. When the news comes out showing the current dividend I have to open the ss with the historical div, do a find and check the historical dividends to see if there has been any changes. Is there a way that this can be accomplished quickly?? Thanks for your time with this.
Max

mdmackillop
02-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi Max,
Are you importing data and then comparing both spreadsheets? If so, can you post some sample data.
Regards
MD

Tenspeed39355
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM
This is what I want to do. After I see the news that a fund has paid a dividend of .10 cents. I would like to see the historical dividends that I have in a ss. If I could see the historical dividends for the last three months which is about 15 columns. Here is my plan. Have a special ss just to look at the historical dividends that are in another ss. Lets say I just read the news and XXXX fund has declared a div of .10 cents. I would type in XXXX hit return and your program would look over into the ss that has the historical div, go to the line containing XXXX and bring over the
historical dividends and put them beside the symbol. Can that be done??
This way I could see if the latest div is the same, less than, or more than the historical dividends.
Max

mdmackillop
02-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Please read the first line of my signature!