PDA

View Full Version : Set oDS =CreateObject("System.Data.DataSet")

stanl
02-03-2007, 07:39 AM
I am looking to create XSD schemas from Access/Excel tables. If I can get the title of this post to execute I'm on my way. The DataSet object is contained in System.data.dll [part of .NET FRamework] - but supposedly can be registered as COM with regasm.exe

So I ran regasm system.data.dll and it reported the typelibs were registered, but the CreateObject() still fails. WassUp? Stan

matthewspatrick
02-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Stan,

What if you create a System.Data object first, and then create the DataSet object using one of the methods from there? Kind of like how you have to start with a Scripting.FileSystemObject object before you can create, say, a Scripting.Folder object...

Just guessing :thinking:

stanl
02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Stan,

What if you create a System.Data object first, and then create the DataSet object using one of the methods from there? Kind of like how you have to start with a Scripting.FileSystemObject object before you can create, say, a Scripting.Folder object...

Just guessing :thinking:

No, I think it has to do with setting up for .NET<->COM interoperability. I found this:
http://www.eps-cs.com/pdf/whitepaper_vfpcominterop.pdf

Which illustrates creating datasets via COM... thinking the theory might apply to VBA, then not really knowing what setup is involved on a PC. Stan