PDA

View Full Version : Manipulate data in range

ninadunn
02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi there,

How do i manipulate a range so that i can ignore certain cells based on the variable criteria without affecting the data in the range.

If the cells don't meet the criteria i don't want the cell to be set to zero or deleted, i just want the cells skipped

For example I want to search through two data series (Range A, Range B). Anything which does not meet my criteria in Range A, i want the 2 rows skipped in both Ranges A & B.

Thanks

lucas
02-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Are range A & B columns?

If the cells don't meet the criteria i don't want the cell to be set to zero or deleted, i just want the cells skipped

what criteria?

I am really lost as to what your trying to do...could you upload a small workbook with 2 sheets. One with the data as is and the second with the kind of results you wish to accomplish. Put a few notes in so we can see what your trying to do.

ninadunn
02-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi lucas,

I want to be able to sort through the 2 ranges of data in Ranges A & B.
The condition is searching for all values only in RangeA which are greater than 3. If there are numbers which are <3 in RangeA, ignore that cell and the corresponding cell in RangeB.
Place the results in a temorary range/array as I don't want the actual cells to be deleted from the worksheet.

Please see the attached worksheet with the example.

lucas
02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
This should get you started

lucas
02-12-2007, 06:35 PM
If you wish to start the copy in a particular cell change this:
Row = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row + 1
to this(where A10 is where you wish to start the copy to)
Row = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A10").Row