PDA

View Full Version : Enumeration

chezt
02-21-2007, 03:13 AM
For all you experts out there apologies in advance for the lack of knowledge but I come once again to seek council from your wise and knowing minds :-)...hee hee

Ok seriously, I just want to know how to duplicate enumeration in access. In case I have the word wrong, sorry again,,...english is my second language...hee heee.

Anyhow, I am wanting to create a field called size. I have two different size types; one is easy enough 8 - 20 and the other is xs to 5xl. I'm wanting to create a group called sizes for the second so that I can compare sizes.

Also, how do I create a field "size" which can implement both systems ie. the number one and the other.

I'm doing a uniform database which has uniform product codes and size information. different products use different sizing systems and I need to implement it somehow.

Sorry I sound confusing if so just let me know so I can just delete this...I'm confusing myself...aaaahhhhhh

:banghead::bug:

stanl
02-21-2007, 04:32 AM
I'm doing a uniform database which has uniform product codes and size information. different products use different sizing systems and I need to implement it somehow.
:banghead::bug:

Just guessing... sounds like you need a products table where each product has a unique product_id and this is duplicated in a related table called sizes which has 1 or more records for all sizes that fit the product. If several products share the same sizes, than rather than product_id as your related field use something like sizelookup_id. Stan