PDA

View Full Version : Tables getting merged automatically.

xls
03-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I have two table seprated from one another, but when i am removing space between them they are automatically getting joined . I want at least some space between them and i want them on same page(ther is sufficent space on page).

geekgirlau
03-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Yes, Word merges the tables when you delete the paragraph mark.

To split them again, move to the first cell of the second table and select Tables | Split Table.

fumei
03-15-2007, 11:33 PM
An alternative, I have an single purpose style TableSeparator. It is a 1 pt style. I follow every table with a Table Separator style. It is so small that following tables look VERY close, but do NOT join - as they are indeed separated by a paragraph style.

Something to consider. The font size is so small you can barely see it, even with Show/Hide = ON.

Just remember that if you are running code that uses paragraphs objects it will be included.

Demo doc attached. You can, of course, add an additional style to increase the space between tables, if so desired, which I often do.

xls
03-15-2007, 11:59 PM
selecting Tables | Split Table moves second table on second page.

Fumei can u help me how to do it your way step by step.

fumei
03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
I already did. You make a specific style of 1 pt that you use between the tables. That is why I included the demo document.

As for splitting the tables and the second moving ro the next page, I suggest you look at the format attributes of the paragraphs in the tables.