PDA

View Full Version : How can I put LINENUMBER to right-hand in word2003?

koreazheng
03-17-2007, 06:49 AM
:banghead: the default line number in word2003 is at the left hand like
-------------
|1 AAAAA
|
|
|5 BBBBBB
|
|
|
|10 CCCCCC
-------------

But how can I put it to the right hand, like below
---------------
AAAAAA 1 |
BBBBBBB 5 |
CCCCCC 10 |
---------------

THANK U very much!:bow:

mdmackillop
03-17-2007, 12:11 PM
From what I've read, the line number column is on the left. I don't see a property to change this.

fumei
03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Line numbers are in the margin. So even if you could put them in the right margin - which you can not - it would NOT look like:

---------------
AAAAAA 1 |
BBBBBBB 5 |
CCCCCC 10 |
---------------

It would look like:

---------------
AAAAAA ___________________________________1 |
BBBBBBB__________________________________5 |
CCCCCC___________________________________10 |
---------------

I used the underscore ( _ ) to move the numbers to the right. You can not add extra spaces here. Odd that.

Line numbers are in the margin.

TonyJollans
03-18-2007, 11:08 AM
If you change the Section direction (on Page Setup > Layout tab) to right-to-left then line numbers will appear in the right-hand margin. This setting may cause some other effects so it may not be suitable in all circumstances but it's worth trying.

fumei
03-18-2007, 08:29 PM
That must be new in 2003. Didn't know that. I see no Section direction choice in 2002.

TonyJollans
03-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Sorry, I sometimes forget my system setup is a bit non-standard. The option is in 2002 (and earlier) but it is only available if you have at least one right-to-left language enabled.

I just checked and if you set line numbers on the right and then open the document on a system without right-to-left enabled, the line numbers don't show - they are there but they just don't show.

koreazheng,

I don't know if you have right-to-left available as an option (I don't know if Chinese - a 'complex' language - triggers right-to-left availability) or if all your co-workers will have it - or even if you are working in Chinese :). You will have to check it out on your own system.

koreazheng
03-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Oh,Thank You all! I
My English is very poor, I cannot find the correct words to send my thank to you all kind guys. hh
I am now trying to realize it by other methods., by VBA etc..
If I can find a way , I will paste it to this forum.

Thanks again!