PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: summarizing data from 7 sheets

MUSASHI
10-24-2004, 08:23 AM
so far so good!

I have a workbook with an employee list, and various others, plus a sheet for every day of the week. Monday - Sunday.

Once I open my book, I update any employees added to rolls via a userform, then I select sheet named for day of week to enter time. On daily sheet, I set date (via a neat calendar control which by the way, needs some work to make sure that if they are on Mondays sheet, they pick a Monday!!!!!), then I select an employee from another neat userform which places the employee# in the selected cell, the row directly below that row references the number and places the employee name(woot, big time saver, and accuracy improvement).

As a kicker, we categorize the hours worked by "cost Code" in columns, and sum up daily ttl hours..

How can I sum the data, employees in rows, and cost code for the 7 days of the week ?

:confused:
Musashi

Zack Barresse
10-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a good time for a Pivot Table. :)

MUSASHI
10-24-2004, 01:18 PM
yeah, I was already reading up on Piv Tables, going to be a bit funky though, the timesheet has so many strange fields, ST/OT, Cost codes, date etc, its not a clean table.

I will basically have to build an intermediate data set full of references to actual sheet to use as the piv data.

thats where I am headed. Thanks!!

Zack Barresse
10-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Well, maybe we can automate this process then. :) Can you post an example workbook with some fictituous data in it so we can get an idea of what kind of data you have? Then we could maybe get you a routine to combine all of your Daily sheets into a Summary sheet and create a pivot table from it.

MUSASHI
10-24-2004, 04:14 PM
heya FF,

I was starting on that intermediate step, you can see it to the right of each daily timesheet.

going to be hokie...what ya think...?

thanks

Mus

Zack Barresse
10-28-2004, 12:07 AM
So is there any chance of getting any consitency out of your COST/CODE rows at the top of all of your data for each sheet? How does that work? If you can get your data structure alike in all sheets (Monday though Sunday) then I think this would be a lot easier. Is that possible?

MUSASHI
10-28-2004, 06:32 AM
heya Fire, I got it pretty much solved with your pivot table stuff, let me rezip and show ya. Be a bit. Thanks for helping.

Mus