PDA

View Full Version : function category

lior03
03-27-2007, 02:18 PM
hello
i found this piece of advice at ozgride.com.if it's that simple why can't i use it.can anyone please create a function category name functor.

How to add a new category
By default when you write a Custom function (UDF) it is added to the User Defined by default. Although not well known, we can easily create our own category(s) to keep all our Custom functions in, here's how
<LI class=oz>Right-click any sheet name tab and select Insert. Now select MS Excel 4.0 Macro and click OK to add a macro sheet to the workbook. <LI class=oz>Go to Insert>Name>Define, or push Ctrl+F3. Within the Macro box (near bottom right), click Function. <LI class=oz>In the Names in workbook: box, type any one word name, I'll use MyFunction .
From the Category box select User Defined. Now replace "User Defined" with your new category name, and then click OK.Microsoft Excel will add the new category to the list for you. Once you have added at least one custom function to the new category (it will be probably be # 16), you can delete the "MyFunction" (or whatever name you used) name we typed in step 3. The new category will remain. If you delete the Microsoft Excel 4.0 macro sheet, functions already assigned to the custom category remain in that category; however, you cannot assign a new function to that category after you delete the macro sheet.

thanks

lior03
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
How to add a new category
By default when you write a Custom function (UDF) it is added to the User Defined by default. Although not well known, we can easily create our own category(s) to keep all our Custom functions in, here's how
<LI class=oz>Right-click any sheet name tab and select Insert. Now select MS Excel 4.0 Macro and click OK to add a macro sheet to the workbook. <LI class=oz>Go to Insert>Name>Define, or push Ctrl+F3. Within the Macro box (near bottom right), click Function. <LI class=oz>In the Names in workbook: box, type any one word name, I'll use MyFunction .
From the Category box select User Defined. Now replace "User Defined" with your new category name, and then click OK.Microsoft Excel will add the new category to the list for you. Once you have added at least one custom function to the new category (it will be probably be # 16), you can delete the "MyFunction" (or whatever name you used) name we typed in step 3. The new category will remain. If you delete the Microsoft Excel 4.0 macro sheet, functions already assigned to the custom category remain in that category; however, you cannot assign a new function to that category after you delete the macro sheet.

lucas
03-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Click here (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12071) for a 21st century method.