PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlink to another form.

Shane
03-29-2007, 05:26 AM
Hi!

I have a user form that has a Label and a textbox. What I want is whenever user enters any value into the textbox that (value) becomes a hyperlink and when clicked it will open another form say userform 2.

Any help is appreciated.

Shane.

mdmackillop
03-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Why not use a multipage form and keep all your data together?

Shane
03-29-2007, 05:59 AM
How do i do that ?

mdmackillop
03-29-2007, 08:23 AM
You'll find a multipage control in the Userform Toolbox

Shane
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for ur suggestion. However, I do not need that format as per the requirement I need to make the textbox value as hyperlink. Repeting mu issue once again.

I have a user form that has a Label and a textbox. What I want is whenever user enters any value into the textbox that (value) becomes a hyperlink and when clicked it will open another form say userform 2.

Shane.

geekgirlau
03-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm curious as to why you want to do this ...

When you say create a hyperlink to another form, does the text entered by the user have any impact on what the link is, or should it always link to the same form?
What if the user makes a typing error and wants to change the text in the text box? It's a good idea to stick to the standard Windows conventions that your users are familiar with, and expecting a text box to behave as a link is definitely not standard practice.

Shane
03-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi! mdmackillop,

I got a MS Access based project and i need to create the same applictaion in MS Excel as due to certain restrictions my Client is unable to run the MS Access application.

Now in first form in MS Access there is a text box where a user have to enter Emp ID. Now at the joining time there are few documents that a employee needs to submit in the new organisation. So as per Access application when user types in the Emp ID in the text box that entry will convert into hyperlink that opens up the second form that contains the list of documents that needs to be submitted by employee.

Shane :think: