PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Few Quick Questions

Djblois
03-30-2007, 06:05 AM
1) I remember I have to hold down one button to see the other controls not in the toolbox initially, I just can't remember the button to hold down- I am looking for the calendar control

2) How do I switch to a tab based on the name of the tab - the name of the tab is Credits but I don't know what number the tab would be

3) I had another question but I can't remember it now, when I remember I will ask it

Djblois
03-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Oh I remember, this is the code I am using to bring up the Save As dialog, I just want it to change it so it always chooses Microsoft Office Excel Workbook as the file type. How do I do this?

If Not Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show Then
MsgBox "The Report did not Save."
End If

Bob Phillips
03-30-2007, 06:34 AM
The code?

Bob Phillips
03-30-2007, 06:34 AM
BTW, I forgot something last week. If and when I remember, I will probably forget to tell you.

Djblois
03-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Sorry, I added the code. Also what about help with the first 2 questions also?

Djblois
03-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Kick

lucas
03-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Why is it that you think we are mind readers.....
1..userform or sheet controls
userform...right click on the toolbox and select additional controls.
sheet controls...from the control toolbox select more controls.

Djblois
03-30-2007, 09:29 AM
I dont think you are mind readers. I think I give you enough information, if I don't and people ask for more I answer.

Bob Phillips
03-30-2007, 09:38 AM
1) I remember I have to hold down one button to see the other controls not in the toolbox initially, I just can't remember the button to hold down- I am looking for the calendar control

2) How do I switch to a tab based on the name of the tab - the name of the tab is Credits but I don't know what number the tab would be

3) I had another question but I can't remember it now, when I remember I will ask it

I thought your follow-up post superceded this.

1) Right click the toolbox, you see additional controls then.

2) worksheet tab, multipage tab?

lucas
03-30-2007, 09:41 AM
did you try help before you posted this basic question?

All I am saying is that your working on addins, etc...fairly advanced for a beginner group but you post a question that you should be able to find the answer to in 10 seconds with a little research on your own. That's what we want to encourage here. You also seem to post as your thinking...on the fly. Take just a few minutes to think about what your question is...re-read it and see if it makes sense to you before you post it to the world.

If you can't find it in the help files then do your own research here at the forum. Half of the help I give you I found the aswser to by searching this forum or kb....you could do the same before you post is all I am trying to say. Most of these questions have already been answered once at least here. For sure the one about the tab naming and I'm pretty sure you knew that. So why ask us to search for you when you could do it?

Djblois
03-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I am sorry but I searched and I still can't find this one:

Oh I remember, this is the code I am using to bring up the Save As dialog, I just want it to change it so it always chooses Microsoft Office Excel Workbook as the file type. How do I do this?

If Not Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show Then
End If

Maybe this isn't possible?

CaptRon
03-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Perhaps you could try this....

If Not Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:="", _
filefilter:="Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls), *.xls") Then
End If

mdmackillop
03-31-2007, 05:29 AM
As Steve says, it's all in the help file
GetSaveAsFilename Method

CaptRon
03-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes, sir. That's where I found this method about two years ago when I needed a way to suggest to the user how to properly name a saved document. I didn't set initialfilename as "", but placed something there that would guide them. It was in the VBE help.

BTW. I've posted two inquiries in this forum myself which have been answered expeditiously and my issues were resolved promptly. I appreciate that so much. But even more than that, I've gleaned a number of practical tips and solutions from this forum that I have managed to apply to several of my current work projects simply by "trolling" through the forum and exploring threads that sound interesting to me. There is a wealth of information here to be explored.

I posted to his question, not because I'm a great VBA wizard, but because I had used the GetSaveAsFilename Method, I knew it would do what he asked, and others in this forum have been very helpful to me. It was an opportunity at my level of limited understanding to contribute in return.

lucas
03-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Glad your reading and trying to contribute CaptRon. You will learn much here by following the posts.....I'm personally not sure exactly what Daniel is trying to do yet.....