PDA

View Full Version : Screen Resolution Problem

GaryB
10-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi,

Anyone know of a fix for moving a database from one computer to another with someone using different screen resolutions, espcially loading one on to a laptop. I have a database we sold to a customer who loaded it on to his lap top and, yes, you guessed it! It filled the whole screen. Is there any way to control this? Thanks for any input in advance.

Gary

mdmackillop
10-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Hi Gary,
DRJ made this KB entry which might be adaptable to your use
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=32
MD

TonyJollans
10-28-2004, 03:28 PM
There's no magic trick to this, I'm afraid. You have to design your application with Forms which will display well on any system on which it might be used. This might involve having separate forms for each resolution, or adjusting or repositioning forms, again based on resolution. Each case is individual and you need to decide what you want and design and code accordingly. There just isn't a quick fix.

As an extra note, it is possible to change the screen resolution on the fly but it really isn't user-friendly at all and, in my opinion, should never be done.

GaryB
10-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the input, but for example, I have a high screen resolutions 1280 x 1024 and that's the resolution I build at. One of the customers that bought this particular database loaded it on a laptop that doesn't have the ability to go to that high of a resolution. I think the max they have is 680 x ? I forgot what. So I am looking for a way for the program to resize for that lower resolution. If there is any way for this to happen.

Thanks again

gary

GaryB
10-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi Tony,

I kind of figured that was the answer. In this case I went in a shrunk every form so it can be useable on their laptop. Boy what a pain in the patoot!
Thanks for the help

Gary

mdmackillop
10-28-2004, 03:36 PM
You might use an adaption of the resolution checker to choose which version of a form gets displayed.