PDA

View Full Version : Solved: How do you use VBA in outlook

JeffT
04-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi

Never even considered VBA for outlook but have used it in excel a bit. Question is how do you get it to work in outlook. In excel I use the VBA toolbar to start the process. In my work copy of outlook I don't appear to have a vba toolbar.

Has this been disabled by the IT dept or is there another way to write and action the code?

Thanks for any info.

Jeff T

TrippyTom
04-11-2007, 05:05 PM
You might be setup similar to me. It lets me write code in Outlook, but for some strange reason, every time I log out and back in, VBA is disabled in Outlook, so the procedures I write only work one time and never again. It's so frustrating! :banghead:

Charlize
04-11-2007, 11:57 PM
alt+F11 to start editor. From time to time I click on the save button to save the project1. When I close Outlook, program asks about saving project1. Of course I say yes.

alt+F8 brings up screen with possible macro's to execute.

Charlize

rrenis
04-12-2007, 10:02 AM
TrippyTom - not sure if this is your problem otr not but what's your Macro Security level? (Tools|Macro|SecuritySecurity Level) If it's Very High or High, maybe this is your problem?:dunno

Good Luck!

Cheers,
rrenis

TrippyTom
04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for reminding me of this. It's set to HIGH. I think I checked this in the past and made my own signature file, but the next day it wasn't set again. Hopefully it was just a glitch. We will see if it resets the link to my signature tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted. ;)

JeffT
04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks all I'll look at security and try alt F11 etc. If I can get the editor to work nodoubt I'll be back asking for help

Regards

Jeff T