PDA

View Full Version : Solved: protect formulas

Shane
04-17-2007, 03:20 AM
I have created a worksheet that contains differenrt formulas in different cells. Now the issue is when I deleted the value of the cell that contains formula the formula also get deleted. I have to give the same worksheet to a friend of mine. I just want to know how to protect all such cells that contains formulas so that when user deleted the value the formula remains there in that cell.

regards,
Shane

Charlize
04-17-2007, 03:54 AM
First select all cells (ctrl + a). Right click with mouse, tab protection, remove checkmark from blocked and hidden. ctrl + home. Now ctrl + left click with mouse on cells that you want to be protected. Remove finger from ctrl and press right mouse click on any off the cells that you've just selected, tab protection and put checkmark at blocked. Then choose on topmenu, extra, protection, protect sheet.

Charlize

Shane
04-17-2007, 04:36 AM
thanx charlize ...

However when I pressed ctrl + A after that I am unable to get "tab protection" on right mouse click... pls help me understand whr is this "tab protection"...

Regards,

Charlize
04-17-2007, 04:43 AM
thanx charlize ...

However when I pressed ctrl + A after that I am unable to get "tab protection" on right mouse click... pls help me understand whr is this "tab protection"...

Regards,

Sorry, first select cells properties in submenu that you get with right click. The 8th item (+/-) in popup menu. Then the 6th tab is called protection or something.

Charlize

Shane
04-17-2007, 06:03 AM
Hi!

Thanks a lot however it does nto serves the purpose. What it does was it protects the entire worksheet. Now no one is allowed to insert/ delete anything. What I was looking for is that the users can insert/update the values however if he deletes any value then the formula remains there.

Charlize
04-17-2007, 06:24 AM
When you select all the cells and you remove the protection from all the cells and later protect the sheet, those cells remain editable. If you, on the other hand, select some cells and add the protection mark of that cel as I suggested and later on protect the sheet, the cells with a protection mark, can't be deleted. The formules can change their values, but you can not delete the content. Try deleting the formule in A1 with del key ... Let me know if you can delete this. A1 is sum of B1 + C1.

Charlize

Shane
04-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Thanks a lot..

That did the trick