PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Dropdown list problem

vosmerkin
04-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I've made dropdown list in a cell. The source range contains blank cells, I've checked "Ignore blank cells" and everythings was OK. Also I've checked to alert when entered a value not from the list. But after some time alert stopped to appear. After another time blank cells appeared in dropdown list. I even changed source range and have made it without blank cells, but they are still there. I've tried to erase everything and set up again - nothing helps

Bob Phillips
04-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Ignore blank means that if you enter a blank, it will be accepted, it will not test against the allowed values, in other words, the check is ignored. So if your list has blanks, you can pick a blank from that list, but you cannot directly enter one.

Remove the blanks from the source.

vosmerkin
04-18-2007, 02:21 AM
It's hard to understand the program as at the beginning there were just 3 entries in dropdownlist out of 20 in the source range.

Another problem.
I have the source range on the other page than my dropdown list. I refered to the source by naming it. When I change source nothing is changed in dropdown list.....

Never mind.
Good idea came to me while typing this message

The problem was that I created name on the sheet, not in the workbook.

xld, thanks for the help

mike31z
04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
How did you make a drop down list? Pleas point me in the correct direction That what I want to learn how to do again.

mike in wisconsin

vosmerkin
04-23-2007, 12:58 AM
How did you make a drop down list? Pleas point me in the correct direction That what I want to learn how to do again.

mike in wisconsin

Choose cell
In menu Data choose Validation. One of Validation Types is Dropdown list.

Maybe some menu items that I've just written are named another way. I was translating from localized version.

Good luck