PDA

View Full Version : Custom Views/Hidden Row VBA Solution?

ebcnt
04-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I am having a huge problem managing large documents that rely on a number of different custom views to display only certain columns. My problem is that every time I change views to see different columns of information, all the rows displayed also change to the settings specified in the new custom view. I then have completely different rows displayed. When you add a new custom view, it does have two check boxes. One for printer settings, the other for rows/columns/filters.
Is there any way to have it only apply to columns and filters without applying to rows?
If not, is there any VBA solution that would eliminate this headache?
:help
Thanks!!

mdmackillop
04-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi ebcnt
Welcome to VBAX.
Can you sanitise and post your workbook so we can see the problem. You can post it using Manage Attachments in the Go Advanced section.
Regards
MD

ebcnt
04-21-2007, 05:03 PM
thanks for the reply. i will try to upload the file now.

ebcnt
04-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I am ubable to find the go advanced section, can you tell me how to find it?

Aussiebear
04-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Select the 'Go advanced" option below the reply box, select "manage attachments", select browse from the pop up[ wnidow. When you have the appropriate file, click upload. Close window and click submit reply.

Note: There are some limits to the size of the file that can be uploaded, namely:
bmp 19.5kb
doc 19.5kb
gif 19.5kb
jpeg 19.5kb
pdf 2.38mb
png 19.5kb
xls 244.1kb
zip 244.1 kb

ebcnt
04-22-2007, 07:55 AM
OK, I think I've got it now.
If you can picture the spreadsheet with many rows of data, with some filters applied in a particular custom view (like the one titled "ypsi ordering" for example). When you select "indy ordering", your suddenly looking at a totally different set of rows (those specified when the Indy custom view was originally set up). All the filters then need to be reset. Very cumbersome for the users.
Thanks