PDA

View Full Version : Solved: outlook read reciept option

bodhi
05-02-2007, 11:15 PM
:help I am hoping one of you will be able to help me out.

The problem that i am having is that i want to use read reciepts some of the time but i nearly always forget to select this option before clicking the send button. I have tried read reciepts on all emails but it is frickin' annoying :banghead: getting read reciepts for every email i send.

I want a message or option box to pop up once i click the send button that will ask me whether or not i want a read reciept with current email. Is it possible to interrupt the send method or even crate my own send button that prompts for read reciept?

:confused:

matthewspatrick
05-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Bodhi,

I have a client for whom I always want to set read receipts, because they are guilty of "creative" memories at times :) I made code that automatically set read receipts if I sent email to anyone at their domain.

Put this code in your ThisOutlookSession code module under Microsoft Office Outlook Objects:

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)

Dim msg As Long

If Item.Class = olMail Then
msg = MsgBox("Do you want to receive a read receipt?", vbYesNo, _
"Read Receipt")
If msg = vbYes Then Item.ReadReceiptRequested = True
End If

End Sub

bodhi
05-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks Patrick,

That is exactly what i was after.

I have a client for whom I always want to set read receipts, because they are guilty of "creative" memories at times
hahaha...the exact reason i need read reciepts from certain people.

Just one more thing. The message box does not pop up infront of the email i am trying to send. I have to go back to the mailbox to see the msg box. Is there a way i can force it to the front screen?

Thanks again.:thumb

matthewspatrick
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Just one more thing. The message box does not pop up infront of the email i am trying to send. I have to go back to the mailbox to see the msg box. Is there a way i can force it to the front screen?

Thanks again.:thumb

Glad you liked it :)

I am not sure why the message box is not coming up on top, though--I am not getting that behavior at all.