PDA

View Full Version : Updating data in summary sheet

mhenley
05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi, I'm quite new to vba and could use some help. I have to create a working spreadsheet in which our program managers can enter data into a master sheet for capturing sales order information. I have it set up so that after the information is entered into the master sheet it then inserts rows into a summary sheet, copies the data from the master, deletes blank rows, copies the master as a new sheet and renames it based on data from a cell. The master then gets cleared for the next user. Althought his works I'm sure there are easier ways to do it. My real problem is that if the newly created and renamed sheet is updated I then need it to update the summary sheet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

matthewspatrick
05-07-2007, 06:01 AM
Based on your explanation, I am guessing that you'd be much better off using a database app for this purpose, and having queries and/or reports dynamically deliver your summaries.

mhenley
05-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Thankyou Patrick,

I am sure your right, unfortunately I have no knowledge of access. Maybe you or someone else could point me in the right direction to get started?