PDA

View Full Version : Exporting word objects to pdf?

pico
05-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi I'd like to export 2 word checkboxes to a pdf where i'd like to be able to click on them. How can i accomplish this?
Iam trying to get a viewing version of the word file where the user is unable to switch between design and run mode. If this can be done using word only i'd like to hear it as well.

lucas
05-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Tools...protect document

pico
05-04-2007, 09:42 PM
I wish it was that easy. I have tried that and failed. The checbox is not usable when i protect the sheet!

lucas
05-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Did you try the file I attached in post #2.....it is protected and the checkbox still works.....you will have to post one that is not working for me..

fumei
05-05-2007, 06:30 AM
You can not export word objects to PDF.

viewing version of the word file where the user is unable to switch between design and run modeCould you clarify this please?

pico
05-06-2007, 12:15 PM
There is a design button in word where you can turn on or off. I dont want this feature to be there while opening the file on other people's computers.

pico
05-06-2007, 12:18 PM
lucas i tried your checkbox ..i cannot use it in read only mode.

Carl A
05-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi I'd like to export 2 word checkboxes to a pdf where i'd like to be able to click on them. How can i accomplish this?

Doc1 is saved as a PDF with Open Office Org Writer 2.1.

Unless you have the standard or the Proffesional version of Adobe you will not be able to save any changes to the PDF. So having the ability to click the checkboxes will only be usable if you print the document to show the results. I'm not sure just what you are trying to accomplish.

lucas
05-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi Pico,
I have a couple of comments about what your trying to do....

1. If you write protect the document then nothing in it will work....period. In addition to that....all they have to do to change it is go to windows explorer and uncheck write protection under properties....so there you go...it is no security at all...it is only to keep people from accidently overwriting a file.

2. If you use sheet protection as I did in the file in post #2 then they can check the box but not change the document....and if all your worried about is them going into design mode...well it's disabled..check it.

Your looking for a level of security that is not available in Word....sorry.

fumei
05-06-2007, 06:11 PM
I am confused. On one hand there is talk of PDF, on the other hand Word and switching between design mode. Which is it?

Could you please explain again what exactly you are trying to do?

Is this a security issue?