PDA

View Full Version : Strange on click error

Rayman2
05-04-2007, 11:20 AM
helllo!

I am making some forms in access and last week everything was working fine. Not if i whant to click on a button i always get some strange error ( look at picture ) and if i create a new button it will give me same error.

Tnx for help

PIC:
hxxp://shrani.si/files/untitled1zo8f.jpg

asingh
05-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Not being able to view the link.........

what error are you getting...

regards,
asingh

Rayman2
05-05-2007, 06:25 AM
The Expression On Click you entered as the event property setting procedured the falowing error: A problem accurred while Microsoft Office Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control

*The Expression may not result in the name of macro, the name of user defined function or [event procerure]

*There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro

That is the error. And i have already compiled it and there is no errors, and i have checked references and evertything is oky.

I realy have no idea what should be wrong.

I to tried to set a break point at the start if the function that is caled when user clicks on the buttun. And it wont even step into the function it just returns an error :s

TNx for help
have a nice day!

JimmyTheHand
05-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Once I had the same problem. I developed a DB application on my home computer, and all was fine, but it produced this same error at the company office. However, in my case there was a definite difference between the computers. My home PC goes with Hungarian Windows and Office, whereas the company machine had U.S. Windows and Office installed.

How is it with you? Is it the same computer, which you created the application on?

BTW, the link you provided has wrong protocol (hxxp instead of http). Maybe that's why asingh can't view it.

Jimmy

Rayman2
05-05-2007, 11:42 AM
hmmm i tried on 2 computers one with US version and one with Slovenian version, and it is not working on both :s

in the link you need to change XX for TT because i cant post links

asingh
05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Seems...weird...if you can post the Data base..here...just a stripped version..that would be great..else I suggest..try to re-install..MS - Access on your machine...!..And compile it again..also Compact Repair could help

JimmyTheHand
05-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Another (possibly useless) idea is to re-create your DB by copying all existing tables, forms, modules, etc. to a new, empty DB. This is a magical act :rolleyes:, which means that I don't know how it works, but it's known to solve weird, unexplainable problems.

Rayman2
05-07-2007, 06:49 AM
i already tried reinstalling and it didnt help. I tried to create a new DB and it also didnt work.

i am appending DB here.

tnx for help
have a nice day.

asingh
05-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi,
I tried a bit of trouble shooting..the problem seems to lie with the form named "Obrazec1". In the VBA editor it shows as a unique form...but on the forms window..it is not there...try to import this form back into your data base..if you kept a back up..or recreate this form...! I guess this form has become corrupt..for some reason..was the DB migrated from an older version of Access..!

attaching a screen shot..of the error..when I click on the form icon..in the VBA editor mode.