PDA

View Full Version : Keeping macro information attached

bja
05-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi.

A couple of weeks ago I asked for some help in setting up a form that will be added to / modified by three completely different users and I have managed to sort my way through most of the issues.
but now I am stumped.

I have created a template (.dot) which has a number of macros attached.

The template is a protected form with three phases.

I double-click the template to open a new .doc version of the form and the macro seems to work fine. Each phase of the document is supposed to do the following:

1. Using text show/hide, only the first third of the form is visible. In this section, basic information is added to the form (using form fields) then the form is saved and sent by email to another person after a macrobutton is double-clicked.

2. When the form is opened as an email attachment, the second third of the form is supposed to be visible and the person receiving the email can then add more information to the form (using new form fields). Once added, the document is again saved and sent to another person after a macrobutton button is double-clicked.

3. The third (and final) person opens the email attachment and this displays the third section of the form. The third person then adds more information and double-clicking the macrobutton completes the form and sends it to a document repository with CCs to the first two users of the form.

The problem I have is that this all works well on my machine but not elsewhere. It seems the template location is an issue with the document when it becomes an attachment to the emails.

Initially when I looked at the document after it was emailed, it showed that it used Normal.dot instead of the custom template that started it all.

I have manually installed the custom template into the templates directory of the target machines but the document shows the template at a location with my name in the file path (C:\Documents and Settings\<MY NAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates) so it doesn't get picked up and the macros in the original template cannot be accessed of course.

I have since added the template as an Add In, I have installed it everywhere, I have changed security settings to medium, I have read everywhere I can think of and I still cannot work out what I am doing wrong.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

TIA.

BJA