PDA

View Full Version : Calendar - Meetings Schedule DB

vik02
05-12-2007, 05:01 AM
:hi: Hello Guys:

I need help creating a small Access Database to be able to make Schedules for Conference table Meetings. I am hoping to find an example, or if someone could please direct me to the right place where it?s been done before in Access 2000!?

I was asked to use this Calendar: (?Calendar Control 9.0?) because all my co-workers have this Active X Control, which has Dates but not Time in and Out. I need to add Time or think of some other general Control to this Database along with the Date Calendar.

What my co-workers would like to do is to go inside the Database > choose their Name > pick a Date in a Calendar > pick a Time to RESERVE the meeting > place/ location, etc.

The only thing right now I have is a Table for the Users, and I also need to figure out how to place it in the DB for other people to select their name and precede with other options.

I need to make the DB recurring (like Outlook), notifying (e-mailing) of weekly Staff Meetings, for EX: every Wednesday for next months. So that next time, when somebody goes into the Database, they can see what Time slots are taken or Available on the Calendar. We tried this with Outlook, but it didn?t work due to the Conference table not being customized and not listed in the Company address List. Don?t mean to make it confusing - basically Outlook seems to be out of the question for my Group, therefore I was asked to look into Access :think: .

I don?t even know where to start. Can someone please help me modify this or I would be glad if you provide an Example for me to visualize where to start? In this Calendar, people want to be able to choose Hours. In addition, I need help with aesthetics for the Database tables, queries, forms/ Switchboard.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks a bunch in advance,
Beginner :dunno

OBP
05-12-2007, 08:08 AM
vik, what is the timescale or deadline for this Database?
I can create you something fairly quickly but I am very busy at the moment on a couple of other databases.
One thing that you can do is decide what Time Increments you want for booking purposes, i.e. Hourly, 2 hourly, Morning and Afternoon, only once per day.
The users can be selected on a combo or if you secure the database the logon will automatically pick up their ID and Name.
The ActiveX Calendars for start and finish are no problem at all. But I can't create you a Calendar v9 as I have v10.
So if you could create a form with the 2 Calendars on it that would also help.

I have attached a very simple database that I created for someone to book "Time" on the family computer that you could look at. It creates all the booking "slots" for the forthcoming year and deletes old ones, which could then be accessed using the Calendar rather than simply listing the way they do at the moment.

vik02
05-14-2007, 07:52 AM
I would like to take a look at your DB - thank You! I need this done ASAP as my Internship is coming to an end. But I need to start at least something.

OBP
05-14-2007, 07:59 AM
The database is an attachment in my previous post, you need to download it and then Unzip the database to look at it.

vik02
05-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Dear OBP,

I like your design, it would be great if you could help me. Basically I have two locations where we'd meet: 1) "Purchasing Conference Table" & 2) "Other". We would like to see what's already taken in the Calendar, or what timeslots, days, weeks, and at least 3 months' view would not conflict with future appointments.

To answer your question, I would like to have at least Hourly timeslots between 7:00am - 6:00pm. The DB that I'm attaching has the main Table that we all have to use for many purposes, which is called: "tblUsers" - there will be the Clock ID's that I guess will be useful.

And here's my sample DB, with couple of OCX9.0 Controls on the "Form1". Let me know if anything... I'd be happy to provide more info, and would tremendously appreciate your input whenever you get a chance!