PDA

View Full Version : USER FORM - lots of small problems - PLEASE HELP!

Austria
05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Hello Experts!
First off: Please be kind and patient with me since I'm NOT a programer!!

I created a Userform with the intend to collect data, save it on a worksheet in the next empty row, done!

Initially, I felt like I could get it working. Now, since I got a few things working, I am coming up with additional little things I would like to acommplish.

I am attaching a screenshot of the form itself and have a few questions. (hopefully educating for me if being answered)

:p :banghead:

1) I want to show a calculated result in a textbox in currency format ($123.00)

2) I would like to block out those rows of textboxes if not needed. I got it to work but it seems to be a lot of code when I get it all done?! (is there anything shorter possible?)

3) How can I keep textboxes/comboboxes from 'freezing' after a value has been choosen. When I go back to a previously selected combobox, the next one doesn't update anymore? (like the amount of Pax & the Roundtrip Box)

4) I got partially a textbox working (with a button - Weight/Convert) but it doesn't stop calculation if you push the button again and again and...?! :banghead:

5) Any inputs/ideas how I can include a formula on a textbox that if a certain weight (i.e. 200lbs per Pax) is exeeded, it calculates it automatically (times 1.5)?

Now, please be easy on me since I've never done anything with any kind of computer/programming language but I got the hang on it and I love it when something starts working all over sudden!!!! :rotlaugh:

It seems to me that with the 'IF..THEN..ELSE' I could get lots of it done but would like to make another step and understand more of it. Two books so far but still all 'spanish' to me most of it.

I am using a Mac and run Office 2004 but it seems that it's pretty similar to Office 2003.

Also, if somebody can suggest anything on reading material for complete beginners but with real reasonable explanation.

Last, this website has already helped me so much but I'm still in the dark. I thing you guys/girls will figure by looking the way how I wrote the code.

Thanks, Andy

Austria
05-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Maybe that helps in addition..

And one more thing, I haven't completed all section of codes and stuff just because I wanted to find out first if I can actually get everything working.

thanks...

Simon Lloyd
05-12-2007, 01:09 PM
For the calculation in a textbox check out this discussion http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12710

mail2bharath
06-12-2007, 07:29 AM
coolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lucas
06-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I hope your not planning on moving this to other computers that might have a lower screen resolution.....I have 1024X768 and it goes off of my monitor.

We have a Mac specific forum too if you run into problems that are mac/windows incompatability.

Bob Phillips
06-12-2007, 08:10 AM
How can you work with such little info on the screen? Even my laptop is much higher than that.

lucas
06-12-2007, 09:01 AM
There are worse...I think Gerry(fumie) has 800x600.
I was just trying to point out a potential problem...potential being the key word.

Austria
06-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Well, I actually was planning on putting it on a screen with just that - lower resolution. If I can figure out a way to automatically adjust it (zoom i.e.) that would be great. But for now, I'm not quite there yet. Also, it should only run on one particular computer so far. Which means I simply adjust it on that machine manually...
I'm still having some major issues with little things but I'm afraid to ask all that... so I bought myself two more books and keep studying...
Austria

lucas
06-12-2007, 11:55 AM
You can attack your major issues one at a time here and probably get some help Austria.