PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Timing Objects to turn visible = true/false

Kicker
05-12-2007, 05:43 PM
I am trying to put a lot of objects on a single slide and have a timer turn them on and off at a predetermined interval. For example: when the slide opens, you don't see any of the objects (stars). The timer starts from a command button and each star turns on/off in sequence.

The attached example starts the timer but, even though the "change_object" is called individually during a sequence, all of the stars turn on or off at the same time. There isn't a noticable delay.:banghead:

Any ideas?
: pray2:

Brandtrock
05-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Couldn't you achieve the desired result using custom animations and adjusting the timings for your objects? Or does it have to be a VBA based solution?

See attachment

Regards,

Kicker
05-13-2007, 09:01 AM
I had that. Actually, I use custom animation on a lot of the slides for the project. However, this is a high level presentation with a few "quirks" in it. Just a little back ground.

I can't give any real examples because it is for the defensive strategy of a nuclear power plant. However, with that said, I need to show a single slide with a picture of the area. In random order (generally in answer to questions) the moderator will hit "hot spots" to show:

1. Parimeter outside defensive positions.
2. Interior defensive positions.
3. fields of fire for each position

I realize that I could turn all of one set on at a time, but I want to give the "wow" effect. Turn 1 on first. Then as it goes off, turn 2 on and so forth. Then turn them all on at the same time.

This is why I came to the experts.....

Kicker
05-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Forgot. It may (highly probable) be necessary to go back and forth from one set to another. and have several on the screen at the same time.

There are several of these slides and they will all be very busy.

John Wilson
06-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Here you go then!

John Wilson
06-08-2007, 03:03 AM
BTW I agree with Brandenstock this would work (probably better) without vba

Kicker
06-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Duh....Works great with the DoEvents. I really appreciate the help

Rick Swartz
07-14-2008, 05:45 AM
As I was searching for something similar, I want to thank you all for the vba-less solution. I was trying to do things a lot more complicated than was needed. This solution works perfectly.