PDA

View Full Version : Vacation/ Out-of-Office Reports

vik02
05-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi everybody,

I hope this posting finds you all well.

I have this Access 2000 DB (?test_Vacation?) to modify, which I am attaching, and unfortunately was not initially built by me. What this is, a customized Vacation/ Out-of-Office Database. And, basically I need to create Reports for them. Right now, there are couple of Reports; one of which is simply a Crosstab Query, which is still not showing the Data functionally. If someone can jump in and help me out, that?d be great - you will find the Word attch. (?Help?) helpful, for it provides more detailed/ specific Improvements that need to be made on Reports. I provided some general suggestions for you here:

You can create a Form: Each employee by Month block ? total for EX: May; better yet by Week.

By WEEK, I?d like to see: who?s Out/ who?s In (like the Matrix, but need to fix the dates there to Count - ?run by day?)

The reports there right now are not functioning properly

For Matrix Report, you may use a Tbl_CLNDR w/ all working/ Business days (so not to keep recreating them). Right now, where the dates are correlated, it shows Names and all days @ Top, whether OR not the Employees are there OR not - but I needto get a Range, so it would show in month for EX:

Only April days, because it would take from the Tbl_CLNDR, and where they correlate with somebody?s date, it would have 1 or 0. After this Form is clean, it would chose a Report, which needs to be able to run a Matrix and just don?t show days (Null) that are not being occupied in the calendar at all.
i. Right now the Matrix Form is done by the number of the month / Year/ to show that timeframe

You may think of other Reports to include, to be able to know ahead who?s going Out that ?Week? (currently an incorrect name, for it is more of a 7 days in a Month) ? please be my Guest, fire away with anything that you think might help my Calendar analysis.
To sum it up, for Weekly Report: you can count the number of the week, and then group by Week, as well as separate reports by Month/ Year, with total for Days please. If this info doesn?t help, the attached ?Help? zip should brief you with little insight. Hopefully you get the idea, and if someone could please simply tweak and make the existing or new Reports work.

Much of luck and thank you in advance,
Beginner.

vik02
05-23-2007, 11:45 AM
I also posted @ Microsoft Access Help Center, in the Reports section. There, you will find my Database attachment & little more info.

vik02
06-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Hello everybody again,

I?m providing a better DB, that is easier to get around, and maybe you can help me. Please go to ?frm_U_Vacation_Main? > ?View Monthly Matrix? > chose appropriate months and click to see the query in a Datasheet view. And this is the data that I would like to turn into a Report. These are the objects used to see data so far, but I need to make it more practical:

frm_U_Vac_MonthlyMatrix

Qry_Vac_U_Crstb_MonthlyMatrix

There is also the Word attachment 2Help http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=12f783e (http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=12f783e) and gives you a little Tour of the DB, including ?To Improve? section, which explains what I need, as well as snapshots. Please take a look at this DB provided in a direct link:

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=86af11e

(If by any chance an Ad pops up, you may click ?Skip this ad? at the Top Right corner) > You?ll see the Filename Copy of Vacation_Database.mdb > scroll down the page, and just below a ?Special Offer? box > ?Click here to download (http://webprod19.megashares.com/index.php?d01=86af11e&sq=&d01go=1&fln=/Copy%20of%20Vacation_Database.mdb) in blue background. Feel free to contact me with any questions, and you can e-mail me your version of the DB once you?re done to vkw3@yahoo.com (vkw3@yahoo.com)

Have fun and I can?t wait to see what you come up with!

-vik02

mattj
06-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Vik,
I've noticed a few of your posts here and at other forums where you are asking others to complete some projects for you - many of which you have never received a single reply. I haven't been a member of this forum long, so what I am posting may not necessarlily be correct for this forum (mods - if this is wrong, please accept my apologies and feel free to remove this post).

Usually, this type of forum provides users with help or guidance so that the original poster can solve or move past a problem on their own, and not to complete the task for them. If you would like to have someone complete it for you, you will probably have much better success posting a job offer at one of many database freelance sites.