PDA

View Full Version : Solved: 2 Questions: Minimize DB Window & Disable Sorting in Forms

dondark
05-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey,

I have two questions. First, I have a form that opens on Start-Up. The form does not take up the entire screen, and I would like the database window behind it to get minimzed every time upon startup. I know you can disable the database form entirely in the startup menu, but I don't want to do that, I just want o minimize it. Is there code I can insert in my start-up forms "load" module?

Secondly, see the attached picture. The DB I am designing is for computer novices, so I am going overboard in terms of error-proofing my from. Is there a way that I can eliminate the the users from either a) changing the form they are using into design view (but still keeping the ability to modify the forms desing myself), and b) right clicking on the forms controls and selecting the sort options?

Thanks so much!

Cosmos75
05-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Here's one way to minimize the DB window using VBA

DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
DoCmd.Minimize
You can disable your toolbars to get rid of the sort menu option. You can also create a custom right-click menu (http://www.accessdb.info/content/view/75/40/) to control what right-click options are available to your users.

Hope that helps!
:)