PDA

View Full Version : Code to Undo & Re-Do

bopo
05-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi

I cant use a macro as it cancels it there could someone tell me the simplest way to achieve this?

Thanks

lucas
05-20-2007, 12:03 PM
to achieve what bopo? I don't understand your question. Try to tell us exactly what your trying to do and why it doesn't seem to be working.

bopo
05-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Well

I have a new custom toolbar now, I have added several tools to this toolbar, such as save, print, bold etc etc, I have recorded a macro via clicking on a tool and using the code generated to make each tool work, however with undo/redo, the macro cannot record anything.

Hope it makes sense

geekgirlau
05-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Why don't you just add the default Undo and Redo button to the toolbar rather than use a macro?

Charlize
05-21-2007, 02:06 AM
ctrl + z and ctrl + y

lucas
05-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Well

I have a new custom toolbar now, I have added several tools to this toolbar, such as save, print, bold etc etc, I have recorded a macro via clicking on a tool and using the code generated to make each tool work, however with undo/redo, the macro cannot record anything.

Hope it makes sense
bopo,
I think you should record your macro without clicking on the button as part of the record procedure. When your done you can assign the macro to a button that you create.

as far as undo of actions taken by a macro...check this (http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm)